The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence:
- From bondage to spiritual faith
- From spiritual faith to great courage
- From courage to liberty
- From liberty to abundance
- From abundance to complacency
- From complacency to apathy
- From apathy to dependence
- From dependence back again into bondage.
Professor Alexander Tyler
Where are we now? I believe there are some countries in this world who have seen all bar one of these progessions in the past 100 years … not the 200 years that Prof. Tyler believed. Are we now in an age of apathy leading to dependence? or have we progressed even through that and are now on the verge of bondage once again?